Sunday, September 28, 2008

Metacognition: Brain Project



The project that was assigned to me was a brain project for psychology class. For this project, we are required to find different pictures or drawings that would represent the functions for each side of the brain. The way i went about completing this task, was I mapped out in bullets all of the functions of each side of the brain. Doing this made it a lot easier to pick and choose which one I would like to use. Also, it served as a checklist for what I am putting in the project. I see this form of thinking very effective because I have everything I need in one list that is easy to look over. Something that I could have changed is that I could have been more specific in defining the functions. Being more specific could make me think a bit more deeply and be more clever in my symbolism of these functions. I was a little surprised at how much easier this made my project because I could just look at the list and pick a picture to depict the action. I like this style of preparing because it is very organized and easy to understand even for someone other than myself. Something that could be improved upon is how deep I think about a certain subject. If I think deeper about a subject I tend to understand it more. Knowledge comes from understanding, not knowing.
Conor Hart

1 comment:

Brian Hansen said...

Hey Conor H, I like your ideas of bullet pointing out a project and then choosing from the bullet points. I have done that method several times myself and I find that it is easy to work with. LIke you mentioned, it is easy to focus your ideas, and also help elaborate on ideas. It seems that for a project where you are listing things such as your brain diagram, it would especially be helpful.